The German Society of Pathology (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Pathologie e.V., DGP) is the scientific medical society of pathologists in Germany with members from Austria and Switzerland as well. It was founded by Rudolf Virchow in 1897. DGP aims to promote the discipline in all relevant aspects. Besides conventional diagnostics, there is a strong focus on basic science as well as R&D in the fields of molecular diagnostics and digital pathology and informatics. The society has over 1,000 members, mainly from academic institutions. Many of them are organized in 15 smaller, mostly organ specific working groups within DGP. The society organizes conferences, meetings and workshops, publishes journals and awards prizes for outstanding scientific achievements. It also focuses on press and publicity work in the areas of scholarship and research, special programs for young scientists in pathology, interdisciplinary networking as well as the joined development and update of medical guidelines. DGP has its own foundation, the Rudolf-Virchow-Foundation of Pathology. Together with the professional association of German pathologists (Bundesverband Deutscher Pathologen e.V., BDP) DGP also owns a subsidiary firm for quality assurance, called QuIP GmbH.
- Immunopathology: Cancer immunotherapy, Autoimmunity, Immunodeficiency, Intratumoral immune reaction, basic science
- Personalised Medicine
- Digital pathology and informatics in pathology
- „A case I will never forget“
Submission deadline: January 10, 2020 (CET)
Abstract submission is open now!
The Scientific Committee is now accepting abstracts on a wide range of topics on the continually evolving field of Pathology. Don’t miss the opportunity to share your research and submit your abstract via the abstract submission portal.
- History and ethics of pathology
- Gynecological and breast pathology
- Cardiovascular, renal and transplantation pathology
- Digital pathlogy, imaging and biobanking
- Pediatric and fetal pathology
- Orthopedic and tissue pathology
- Head and neck pathology
- Molecular pathology
- Thoracic pathology
- Urological pathology
- Current habilitation
- Please submit your abstract online. Abstracts submitted via e-mail, post or fax will not be accepted.
- The conference language is German and English.
- Abstract submission is possible in English. Presentations are possible in English or German. If you choose German as presentation language, please submit a German abstract title additionally to the English title for the program.
- Abstract changes and corrections will be accepted until January 10, 2020.
- Ensure the citable publication of the abstracts.
- For presenting authors of accepted abstracts, registration and participation in this conference is binding.
- Please register separately for the congress at: www.pathologie-kongress.com.
Join us in Berlin!
The online registration portal opens December 16, 2020. Further information will be available soon.
December 16, 2020
Abstract Submission Deadline
January 10, 2020
Early bird registration ends
April 1, 2020